Welcome to Early Retirement Ahead! I write about my journey towards early retirement which includes savings, budgeting, and investing, but also like to have fun now by traveling with my wife and two little boys. Read more about me here.
More About Early Retirement Ahead
While I have been accumulating points for close to 15 years from regular travel for work it was not until when I was about to get married in early 2012 that I realized I was missing out on SO many ways to earn points without spending any more money (just look at the points bonuses for flowers around Valentine’s and Mother’s Days). Shopping portals, cross promotions, sign-up bonuses, etc have all helped us gather over a half million points in 2015 and most likely more than that in 2016.
I have compiled some of my best travel related content in one place. Be sure to check out these posts and please sign up to get regular blog updates (absolutely no spam!):
- The most recent post about being obsessed with travel points
- My previous update on my travel reward plans and balances
- I felt obligated to talk about the Dangers of Credit Card Rewards so that people see there is more to in than free money
- Here is an article about my hotel, airline, and credit card reward balances: Travel Rewards
- In this post, I wrote about how I have managed to travel for less using rewards: Travel For Less
- One of my monthly updates that includes how we went to Hawaii for cheap: February 2015 Expenses
Finally, here are some of my personal finance articles for your reading pleasure:
- How I believe Solar Power will help me retire sooner
- My luck with Peer-to-Peer Lending
- My financial independence plan, part 1 and part 2
- I also firmly believe that America has a savings problem
Check out this feature of my points journey on Million Mile Secrets!
Here are some pictures from our travel adventures: